Although uniformity in construction contracting may be laudable, selecting the correct form of agreement, understanding when to deviate from purported standard terms, and knowing when your project is better suited to a bespoke arrangement, takes industry knowledge, experience and expertise.
We have a long history of advising clients procuring construction services directly, project developers, engineers and contractors on the full spectrum of issues and risk considerations related to contract forms.
Our offering includes:
- providing strategic advice at project concept, pre-feasibility, feasibility and front-end engineering stages to ensure that the correct contractual model is adopted to cater for the projects commercial and technical nuances;
- advising on the commercial implications and nuances of all standard form construction agreements (from NEC to FIDIC, JBCC to GCC, iChemE to JCT), with our contracting experts being able to give pragmatic and informed advice with regard to current market practice, the implications of deviating from standard provisions, risk apportionment and risk mitigation strategies;
- advising on complex work-package arrangements on large multi-faceted projects, with our deep understanding of the industry and depth of resources enabling us to put in place and manage all legal facets of complex project-based procurement;
- negotiating bespoke contractual arrangements to cater for the most complex multi-jurisdictional projects, from turn-key EPC solutions to flexible EPC-M models and everything in-between; and
- providing comprehensive tender review and risk assessment services.